18 December 2017

A Sock for Now



I am still editing my London trip photos. I know that other people's vacation shots can be dull so I promise to to keep the album brief.

In the meantime, let's enjoy some knitting shall we? My knitting and (knit blogging) has slowed considerably but has not altogether stopped. I finished a Christmas gift hat the other day and the body of my latest cardi is done as well. 

There's also a sock. Isn't there always a sock on the go? Once again I find myself knitting a pattern by Evelyn A. Clark. This one is Go With the Flow Socks. It's an easily memorized stitch that produces a simple yet elegant looking fabric.

The yarn is "Sassy" by Mt. Rutsen Studio and this is the single skein I purchased on my trip to Rhinebeck in 2014. It's a BFL/nylon blend and it feels like a knitted hug. I'm enjoying so much working with it. The colour is perfect for winter.


Nice photos right? I took them on Friday at a local pub after calming down fron a big panic attack. My anxiety and panic disorder has lessened considerably as I've aged but it still pops up now and again. So when I found myself standing on the sidewalk, numb and hyper-ventilating I knew i needed a quiet place. I went into the warm pub, ordered a sandwich and then knit and knit until I felt better.
See? Always good to have a sock on the go.

No comments: