09 October 2017

Turn, Turn, Turn


You may recall me posting about breaking my umbrella swift and attempting to repair it with glue and spit. Well, the damage was just too great and I had to finally admit that it was unusable and needed to be replaced.

That unhappy occurrence turned happy quickly with a friend's recommendation that I try an Amish style swift. I'd always been curious and it certainly is much more affordable than the umbrella style, so I bought one. I just love it. It turns so smoothly and quietly. The set up and tear down are simple with no clamping required. Best of all, it breaks down into four flat pieces and a small bag of pegs so storage is easy. The only disadvantage I've found is that the ability to adjust to the skein size is not as precise as my old swift's but I can certainly live with that. 

I highly recommend this swift, especially if you live in a small space.



No comments: