09 June 2017

Another Birthday


The planet did another year rotation and I had another birthday. To celebrate we went on a spa trip to an inn not far from here. The spa experience was admittedly a little disappointing. It was far too crowded which caused me to have a "moment". Thankfully, my lovely and patient partner was there to get me quickly out. I love that I can so thoroughly trust him to help me when I need it. What a beautiful gift. I still marvel at having such reliable love in my life and am grateful every day.
Our best experiences of our overnight visit were away from the main building: visiting the stables and gardens, sitting on the deck outside our room watching the moon rise, walking down the road to see the neighbouring sheep farm. 
Yes, I said sheep!


The garden grooming achieved a planned, yet not too formal look.

Watch out for the working sheep dogs! Though we never felt  in danger, they aggressively defended their flock. We knew to keep our distance.

Wonderful to breathe the fresh, foliage scented, air.

Shortly before we left, I finished my scrappy socks. They are quite delightful, looking even better than I had hoped they would. The knitting is fast but the weaving in of ends is slow. It's a good balance that makes a great sock. I plan to make more like this.



1 comment:

steph said...

happy (belated!) birthday....although I always strongly suggest celebrating the entire month!!! Love those scrappy socks....hardly look scrappy at all! Don't you love it when that happens. (A few of mine REALLY look scrappy....so much so you could probably just say, they look crappy!!!)