30 May 2017

More Knitwear in Fashion Ads


The use of knitwear in fashion ads always catches my eye. This striking black and white ad is for the bag. However, the texture of that chunky knit sweater really stands out and contributes to the overall success of the shot. In photography, as in life, sometimes you need bold texture to make your point. I love this photo both as a composition and as a look.


To be honest I know Michael Kors mostly as a judge on Project Runway. This ad is actually for the crochet dress and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Hey! Bring back hippie crochet dresses (and tops and bikinis even). But that colour? With the girly hair and boring shoes? Perhaps it's just the over the top flowery, "feminine" styling that's putting me off. On the street, worn by a confident funky young woman, this might work. Big jewelry maybe? Boots? Would that help? Definitely lose the guy in the white pants and ugly sandals.

No comments: