17 June 2016

Birthday Trip - Again!

For the second year in a row, I was treated to a birthday trip. What a lucky girl am I! We spent a weekend in Montreal, a city to which I have not been in thirty years. Remarkably, little of it has changed at first glance. Montreal respects its heritage and architecture in a way Toronto never has, so many of the streets display the same vistas they have for many, many years. Of course Rue St. Catherine has become somewhat of an outdoor major chain mall and Old Montreal a collection of tacky souvenir shops. Still, the buildings themselves are beautiful and original in this highly walkable city.

Saturday was spent walking. And walking.
And buying earrings from street vendors.

A picture of my lover taking a picture. We saw many churches - as one does.

Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours Chapel. I had a bit of a religious experience here. All my latent Catholicism came to the fore. Stained glass brings it out of me I guess. Here we lit candles for lost loved ones. It felt like the right thing to do.

We had a suite! That`s right. I said suite.
And now I`m 52.

No comments: