09 February 2016

Who Else Knew About This??

New Book!!! New Book!!!


So, it appears I may have purchased a book. I do love my ever growing knitting library. Browsing through it inspires me when I need a creative kick, even though I know that much of it contains patterns I will never get around to knitting. 

Not so the case with Lace One-Skein Wonders: 101 Projects Celebrating the Possibilities of Lace. Immediately I knew there are at least a dozen projects I want to knit and wear. Right now! As a knitter with a large single skein collection, this is a great book for me. For my first project, I cast on the Flemish Lace Socks using my new Zen Yarn Garden sparkly hand dyed. 

 

And then this happened. Who else knew about this and why did you never tell me?!  This is my first toe-up sock. The pattern instructs you, quite clearly & with great pictures, to use Judy's Magic Cast-On. So I grasped my yarn and needles tightly and blindly followed the steps. On just the second try I got this! A beautiful closed toe that puts all my grafting to shame. I am gobsmacked. It has been a while since I picked up a new skill. This is very exciting.


No comments: