07 November 2014

A Gratitude Post


I posted this earlier on Facebook today and am re-printing it here because I am feeling uncharacteristically gushy today.
As many of you know, I have been involved for some time in a labour dispute with my former employer. One thing I've learned on this journey is that there are people who have the power to be nice - to "do the right thing" as Spike Lee would say. Yet they withhold help that could be so easily given. Then there are other people for whom being helpful and kind is actually a great deal of effort and hard work. Yet these people give support with such grace and good humour. Thankfully, I have met a lot of the latter group in the last months. Feeling very grateful today.
 It's been a rough two months. Today there was a small victory and I am feeling like my choices have been validated. A good day.

No comments: