05 May 2014

Post Frolic Pint


After last weekend's Knitter's Frolic, I stopped into a local establishment for rest and a libation. Above is my small but much loved haul. Again I got some Stoddart Family Farm wool/mohair fingering in this lovely blue/green. I knew immediately that I wanted it for The Lonely Tree Shawl. The pattern is written for a worsted weight but I'll be doing the modified version with a wider garter stitch portion.The red yarn is 950 yards of Waterloo Wools lace weight Merino. Now I swore I would break my lace yarn addiction. I have far too much! But this skein was in the "mistake" section and was thus drastically reduced. I stood holding it saying, "If I put it down, someone else will buy it". What an amazing mistake! The colour, is exactly my colour and is ever so slightly variegated within the red spectrum. I'd like to try a top designed for lace weight with this one. Anyone know any good patterns?

I also picked up the Fall 1998 edition of Vogue Knitting from the DKC charity table in benefit of Relay for Life. What fun digging through all those pamphlets and magazines. This particular issue was a great find, full of beautiful, knittable sweaters.
 I just love this diagonal rib cover sweater by Oscar de la Renta

The shape of this textured Melissa Leapman pullover represents some of the best of the nineties.


No comments: