09 February 2014

My Efforts Will Be Olympian

The 2014 Games have begun. I spent Friday evening, as I have done for every Olympics since 2006, watching the opening ceremonies with knitters. I really committed to making a full project for the Ravellinics this time around. I chose Andi Satterlund's Hetty cardigan. It really is a realistic goal. I've knitted two of this designer's patterns before and one of those in the same yarn, Cascade 220. I'm familiar with her construction techniques. It is an open work lace on 4.5mm needles so it should knit up quick, right? Unfortunately, a grave error in gauge calculation meant I had to rip out all my work yesterday and I didn't get a chance to restart until this morning. That leaves me two days behind already. Drats!
I'll keep you posted.

No comments: