26 October 2013

Red

Why is the colour red so hard to photograph? I tried multiple settings on the camera and multiple times of day and this is the best shot I could manage of my most recent project. Notice how everything in the photo is in focus except the actual subject? What is it about red that always makes a blur?

With the exception of the bad photos, I love everything about my new wristers. This is my second go at the free Artyarns pattern. It creates a snug and pretty glove and uses less than one skein. I did make one modification; completing one more cable pattern pass after the thumb rather than going right back to rib as the pattern instructs and I am very happy with the result.
My yarn choice here was Louisa Harding Orielle - a sparkly, super soft alpaca. What a lovely bit of luxury!

No comments: