05 October 2010

Purple Tuesday

I had an interview today downtown in one of the souless high rises of the Financial District.  The TTC imploded and I arrived about 10 minutes late.  Bad start.  The woman had me fill out a form then sat me down at a table and told me, while fingering my resume as if it was dirty, all the reasons I am unsuitable.  Five minutes, in and out.  For this I pressed my pants and wore the pinchy shoes?
Anyway, I left the area a different way than I arrived and inadvertantly stumbled into this courtyard with some unusual fountains.  I've passed the front of this building hundreds of times but had no idea what lay behind.
Thus, my gratitude for this day is that I discovered some new loveliness in this hard, hard city.

1 comment:

knitterbeader said...

Hi Yvette,
to put the blog list on the side of your blog:
Sign in to your blog
Go to "Dashboard" (right alongside Sign in and Out)
Click on Design
Click on Add A Gadget
Go down a ways and click on Blog List
Then from there just click on Add To List and copy and paste the URL of any blogs you'd like to add, then save.
Hope this helps, if you have any more questions just ask away!