26 September 2010

Music To Knit By


As promised, here are some photos of the newly completed Damson. It has been re-christened from it's working title of Damson the Second, to it's official Ravelry name:  The Jim Croce Damson.  Odd. I know.  However, I spent so many happy hours recently sitting in my comfy chair with my old K-tel Jim Croce on the turntable and knitting this.  The long, long, final rows of this shawl were completed while humming along to Lover's Cross, I Got A Name, Operator and others.  This LP has been in my collection since I was a young teen, back when my entire collection was fewer than ten records.  It doesn't get taken out often these days, but when it does, it's played on repeat.  Such good comforting music.
Here's a sample. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Knit and Purl Mama said...

LOVE your Damson! Came out great!

Christy J said...

Wow. I still have that album somewhere in the basement, not sure if I have a working turntable though. Damson looks lovely and I think the contrasting edge is great, adds something to the design. I also appreciated the photos last post of the new location for Lettuce Knit. I live 8 hours north of Toronto and am lucky if I get there once a year. I dream about it and Romni Wools.