03 July 2009

The MP3 Shuffle

(1) Turn on your MP3 player. (2) Go to SHUFFLE songs mode. (3) Write down the first 15 songs that come up--song title and artist--NO editing/cheating, please. (4) Choose some people to be tagged. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about your musical tastes, or at least a random sampling thereof.

heart - crazy on you
suzanne vega - new york is a woman
edie brickell and the new bohemians - mama help me
martha wainwright - far away
suzanne vega - widow's walk
rita coolidge - we're all alone
bert jerred - the edge of the world
marianne faithfull - broken english

aretha franklin - -think
martha wainwright - when the day is short
kate & anna mcgarrigle - heart like a wheel
rent soundtrack - i'll cover you
kelly clarkson - just missed the train
edie brickell - circle of friends
rem - losing my religion


I find it interesting that the list is mostly female artists. I do have some men on my playlist! One or two anyway.

I'll tag just a few: Michelle, Marin, Kelly, Sarah and Sherril

2 comments:

not an artist said...

Awesome list... most of my results are older punk with a few odd other items.

Marin (AntiM) said...

Cool! I love this exercise, though I'm pretty sure one day my iPod is going to rat me out as to my Neil Diamond fetish.