08 June 2009

I Don't Love It



At least I don't hate it anymore. After much blocking, it looks less frumpy on me than it did before.
What was supposed to be quick tank top turned into months of frustration. The front and back were knit in a flash but the finishing took forever. The
cast-off as written in the pattern looked like crap. Sorry Fiona but pick up and knit then bind off creates a rolled edge. Anyone who knows me can attest to rolled edges driving me to violent behaviour. I tried so many ways of getting the sucker to lay flat that of course, the whole neckline motif got destroyed and had to be re-knit. Finally, I managed a two row ribbed cast off that didn't detract from the leaf pattern in the centre.
Then the darn I-cord braid, while looking charming, is a beast to sew on without lumpy bumps as there are so many pieces and, consequently, so many ends to weave in a very small area.
To top it off, I just don't think it flatters me well. That's especially disappointing after all the work. The yarn is gorgeous too, and should be a in garment that I like more. Ah well, they can't all be winners.
Pattern: Leaf Tank by Fiona Ellis from the Spring/Summer 2008 Vogue.
Yarn: Ella Rae Silkience. Sadly it's discontinued

1 comment:

Heddy said...

Its a very pretty colour and the style is cute on you ... it is probably the rolling that has youturned off it. You did a great job