19 April 2009

How I Spent My Sunday

BEFORE

AFTER

I bought this 1970's record player stand yesterday at a second hand store. I'd been back to look at it several times. First it was eighty dollars. Then fifty. Then it was dragged out front with a big tag saying $40. Every time I thought I'd buy it but something about it just made me go...Eww.
Then I had a nice chat with the store owner, who incidentally, felt the same way, that the orange wood tone and fake French Provincial styling gives one horror flashbacks. She suggested that a nice cream colour would soften it up and make it more palatable. I'd never painted wood furniture before but what the heck?
I think she was right. Some sanding, priming, two coats of paint and voila! I like it!


2 comments:

Sandi Purl said...

looks amazing. will u fill it with yarn?

Yvette said...

Sandi, what are you trying to say?