29 December 2008

Ta Da!


The chosen yarn! After much deliberation, this is the one. The one with which I will knit a cabled cardigan. It's Queensland Collection Kathmandu, 85% merino, 10% Silk, 5% Cashmere. I spent a good long time deciding between this and Debbie Bliss Luxury Tweed. Folks on Ravelry have used both, reporting good results.
The deciding factor? There were two. First, this one is slightly softer (mmm..., cashmere) which is important in a sweater with a collar. Second, this red leans a bit toward the brown side of red (warm), while the Debbie Bliss was more of a wine colour (cool). I'm trying to branch out in my palette and choose outside the jewel tones. I know this is not a radical departure but it's a start.


Unfortunately, the Kathmandu is also $2.00 more per skein. I have spent far, far, more on this yarn than on any previous project. I usually knit large pieces from recycled yarn or the bargain bin.
I better not screw this up!

1 comment:

Heddy said...

It is a beautiful colour! and cashmere! oooooh, you are lucky ... and, I've seen your knitting (whenh I was stalking you for SP12 I read all your posts), and you are a gorgeous, talented knitter. There is no way you will screw this knitting up ... it will be gorgeous! I can't wait to see it!