23 November 2008

SP Overload

Friday. I was enjoying a nap on my well deserved day off when the door bell rang. Groggily, I stumbled down the stairs, to greet the very attractive and friendly postman who was holding a parcel addressed to me.
It's the final package from my Secret Pal 12. Included was a note of apology for the lateness. Her sewing machine broke! so the gifts she was making by hand for me! were held up. Check out the two gorgeous hand made project bags. These babies are lined. And have zippers. Magical voodoo sewing skills both. Yes, beside the chopsticks, that is Noro sock yarn peeking out of the whimsically Asian inspired bag. There's also a yarn I'd never heard of - Kertzer On Your Toes Bamboo. It's 75% bamboo, 25% nylon sock weight yarn that is lustrous and decadently soft. It's all too much to take in. There's chocolate, tea, knitting needles and bath products. Thank you, thank you to Heather of Ewe Gotta Knit.
Of all the lovely things, the one that touched me the most was the stones and the necklace to hold them. I mist over pretty easily these days, but when a virtual stranger sends a gift that makes me cry in my living room, there's something special going on. No Heather, I don't think you're weird. I believe that positive energy emitted in actions with good intention, creates more of the same. Is that Karma? My Eastern philosophy is weak. Whatever. It's all good stuff.
Rose Quartz: Heart and Throat Chakra
Stimulates & attracts love, promotes peace & happiness and emits a calming energy. Reinstates self love, gentle love. Promotes receptivity to art, music and literature.
Amethyst:
Stone of peace, calms fears, raises hopes, lifts spirits and strengthens commitments. Helps overcome addictions. Increases psychic awareness. Aids good judgement.
Unakite: Heart Chakra
Helps one to deal with past events which have blocked one's growth. Allows for rebirth. Balances the emotional body. Brings ones Consciousness to the present allowing one to combine thought and action.


2 comments:

Heddy said...

I'm so glad you like your presents ... I didn't intend for them to made you cry - I really feel like I got to know you well from your blogging and our notes back and forth, and wanted you to have some fun, pretty, tasty treats! Re: the Kertzer Bamboo -- I knot a pair of socks for my 40th birthday ... and they are so soft and cushy and I love them so much, I hope you like knitting with it too ... It might make nice mitts or gloves if you prefer them to socks.

(** the Asian theme is continueing - apparently - the word verification for this comment is "winewing" .. is that similar to chicen almond ding? LOL!)

Sandi Purl said...

wow! what a lovely haul o' knittin'stuff, etc! enjoy!