25 September 2008

Poor Plant

I got two birthday presents this year; a jar of hand cream from my sister, and this plant from The Daughter. It's called a Somona or Forever Flower. Lately, it's not doing too well. Not only is it not flowering, the leaves are turning yellow and shrivelling up. I've read up on it. Apparently it likes full sun and occasional fertilizer. I'm doing that but no improvement. The Chinese lucky cats aren't helping either. I'm thinking it just doesn't like the cooler temperatures?
I'm sad. Any ideas?

2 comments:

mjm knitting said...

maybe the plant is getting to big for the pot.

we had a couple plants this summer, though not the same type as yours, that kept getting yellow leaves and were doing poorly, until we repotted them.

it's worth a shot at least.

good luck
melinda

Marin (AntiM) said...

It looks pretty good to me. I think plants are doing well when they have new growth. They won't have healthy new growth if the plant is fed or watered or sunned improperly.

If the new stuff seems to sprout and die off quickly, re-pot.

I say this like I know what I'm talking about. I'm not a plant expert by any stretch, but this is how I handle my plants and they grow like... well, like weeds.