20 April 2007

Clever Scientist

I've cast this on - twice. Let's set aside the obvious necessary pattern adjustments required for my pear shape and concentrate on the pure bone-headedness of cast on #1.

I proudly cast on with my lovely bamboo after much math knowing that this slim piece of cuteness will now fit my butt. Reading glasses in place I squint over the lace pattern and carefully knit away over two evenings. After one+ pattern repeats, I've truly got a grip on the lace. Yes, I am the queen! But why is it lying so funny? Why can't I see the whole feathery prettiness of it?
Yes, I twisted the stitches when joining the round. I'm knitting a moebius.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Ouch. I feel your pain.

I'm curious to see how this pattern works out. I'm tempted to knit it.

Are you using the called for yarn?

canknitian said...

Oh noooooooo...

Not An Artist said...

Oh dear. We've all been there...